January 29, 2015

Day 1 - Kitchen

So, to explain this 20 day task a little more in detail each day you only do what the tasks are and nothing else. She brings up tasks that normally wouldn't be cleaned unless you are 'spring cleaning'.  I have my own cleaning "schedule" so that will be put on hold until this is finished. I'm taking before and after pictures; before will be right when I wake up in the morning (well after coffee of course) and the after will be when I'm completed. Let's get started, shall we?

Day 1
Clean: Kitchen, just not the stove, oven, fridge, freezer, pantry or cabinets! Today's tasks are:
  • load dishwasher
  • wipe over sink
  • clean the counter tops
  • wipe down the cabinet doors
  • dust on top of the cabinets
  • wipe over appliances
  • clean window and window sills
  • dust lights
Declutter: Kitchen Counter; remove everything that doesn't belong- trash, paper clutter, food, appliances, too many canisters

Organize: Under the kitchen sink

New Habit: Clean counter tops and dishes before relaxing for the evening.

5 Minutes Only: Spend 5 minutes cleaning up a bookshelf.

Clean and Declutter Before: Okay.. my counter tops become a major catch all...mail, toys, food that needs to go back in the pantry.. just random things.



Clean and Declutter After: Much Better! It looks nice and clean.




Organize Before: Hot mess!


Organize After: I took everything out from underneath the sink, re-evaluated what I really needed, moved what I rarely used to the laundry room, and separated it by type (kitchen, bathroom, etc).  I cleaned the cabinet and put it all back. I'd like to get some tubs or baskets to divide them in. Still a hot mess, but a little organized.


5 Before: I think I'll need more than 5 minutes to really clean this bookshelf. When we moved and couldn't decide where to put the desk and bookshelf, they got stored back in this room (we're not sure what is was built for) off of our bedroom.  There aren't outlets for it to be an office and it really isn't big enough to be a storage room (it'll be a cleaning task another day so you'll see it), it's just odd.

5 After: I cleaned it, but it definitely needs to be organized.

Here's to day 1!

-Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment