January 12, 2016

Christmas 2015 and NYE

I know, Christmas and NYE were weeks ago, but I still wanted to recap what we did because I'm already forgetting things! Ahh! Thank goodness for facebook and instagram posts to keep me in line. 


Our Christmas cards were designed by Andrea at Slightly Askew Designs. She also did Brylee's birthday invitations and I couldn't have been more impressed! 

Sadly, I don't have many pictures of celebrating Christmas. We just soaked in a ton of much needed family time.

This year we did our Christmas with just the three of us on December 22. It was a random weekday but I knew we would be leaving Christmas eve eve to Odessa and we wanted to have something for just us. I made chili, we opened our presents, went and looked at lights, came home to find out that Santa came early ;). 
 

The rest of the weekend went as follows (like I said, I have no pictures and I don't want to bore anybody with our busy weekend):
Christmas Eve Eve
  • Worked half a day then left for Odessa. Went by the live Nativity scene that Tate's family's church puts on

Christmas Eve
  • Did last minute shopping and looked at Skyler and Rachel's new house
  • Had candlelight service and went back to Tate's aunts house for Christmas over there
 Christmas Day 
  • Had Christmas morning with Tate's parents
  • Had Christmas lunch with my dad
  • Had Christmas dinner at my cousins with my mom's family
Day After Christmas
  • Celebrated Christmas with my step-siblings at my mom's
  • Ice storm that night
Sunday (Day we were supposed to come home)
  • Roads were terrible so our stay extended a day
  • played in the snow :)



Monday
  • Finally got to head home


After 2.5 looooonnng days of work, it was time to leave again for San Antonio. New Year's weekend was an absolute blast! The entire reason of the trip was the Alamo Bowl (one of Tate's gifts) but we decided to make a mini adult vacation out of it with our friends Allen and Linzi. Allen coaches with Tate and we have become good friends. We got to San Antonio just in time for a nap and then dinner on the River Walk. It is so pretty this time of year all lit up and I'm actually quite sad I have no pictures of it. We ate and had a few drinks at Cafe Ole where we froze and wore panchos. It was delicious. While I went to the restroom, Tate decided to order the super extra large 64 oz margarita. This girl loves a margarita, but 64 oz! Luckily we all shared. :) We cheered Happy New Year downtown then made it back to the hotel to sleep!

The next day we got up and did some shopping. I had my eye on this dress at Nordstrom's for the upcoming football banquet, but once I got there and tried it on, it was way too short. It was cold and unsuccessful. After we went and played TopGolf for a few hours. Have y'all ever played? It was my first time and so much fun! Definitely something we will do the next time we're there. That night we headed back to the riverwalk and met up with some more coaches who were there at Howl at the Moon. It was a blast! Whataburger for a win that night, then back to the hotel. 

Game day! We had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (so good!) then headed downtown. We ubered all weekend long so we got dropped off at a sports bar about a mile from the stadium. It wouldn't have been a bad walk except it was cold, raining, and Tate convinced me I wouldn't need my umbrella. I'm surprised none of us got sick! Luckily I was sporting my new rain boots Tate got me for Christmas so my feet were dry and warm; the others couldn't say the same. After a struggling and quite boring first half (as I'm sure you've heard), TCU came back and won! There were so many people there. After the game, we walked back downtown (with all the other crazies) in the rain, ate dinner, and went back to the hotel. 

 After all the weekends excitement, I'm pretty sure I was more excited to get home and see Brylee (who was with my sister). Tate went and got her while I unpacked and did laundry. I'd say it was a great start to 2016!


Happy Tuesday! 
Leah























2 comments:

  1. That first photo of Brylee - so darling! I can't believe you were AT that game - we were on the edge of our seats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's a mess! Girl that game was so intense! There wasn't a single person sitting.

      Delete