January 22, 2016

Friday | 1.22.16

Who isn't excited for Friday? Brylee had a terrible cough all night last night so I didn't get much sleep. I burned my ear on my flat iron. I didn't start my car early this morning because I didn't think it was that cold outside, wrong. It was. And while I was scraping ice off my window it went down my sweater. It was 7:57 and I have to be at work at 8. I called in to let them know I'm running late and still have to go get B's medicine. I hate being late. Hate it! I forget to grab Brylee's drink as we leave so I told her she could have some of my water. She looks at me and says "I don't exactly like water mom, but I'll take it because I'm thirsty!" I about died laughing. It's the little things, y'all!

Which brings me to this! I'm so glad it's Friday and we have 2 free days ahead! Tate starts softball today so tomorrow we are having a Brylee date and so far she has chosen Chuck E Cheese (which I really hope she changes) and to go see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. :) Now, on to my Friday Link Ups. Because I skipped last Friday, some are from last week but too good to not share.
 






ONE | FAVORITE MOMENTS

Saturday night we had the Fall Sports Banquet. My dress did NOT make it in, which I wasn't please about, but luckily I did have a back up plan. I originally wanted this dress from Nordstrom but when I tried it on in store it was entirely too short :( but I was determined to wear a navy lace dress. That brings me to this dress. After shopping all day we met my cousins for lunch and I convinced Tate to go by Kohls reallllll quick and just let me look. I found it! I tried it on and it was long enough but for comfort I wanted to size up. I got online and ordered that night. It was supposed to be in on Thursday but when I checked Saturday morning it was in Chicago! How in the wold did it go from Dallas to Chicago... complete wrong way! My back up plan was perfect and I was grateful because it was very cold and I probably would have froze in a short dress anyways.

After the banquet a few of us went back to our house to play Cards Against Humanity. It was my first time playing and it's hilarious! It's definitely a game we will be purchasing.

My planner made it in! Well, to be exact, it made it in last week. I am in love with it! I thought I'd forever be an Erin Condren girl but this planner has made me change my mind and it doesn't hurt that it's also $20 cheaper! I've already used one set of stickers for birthdays. It's Plum Paper and I love the add ons you can get with it. :)  #organized
TWO | FAVORITE PURCHASES & FINDS

Target dollar section Valentine's Day finds! Hooray!

I saw that this tunic was a Must Have according to Pinterest Told Me To and I was hesitant to buy it because I have an odd body and tunics usually don't fit like they say. I'm 5'7 with long legs and a long torso... basically most dresses are too short and most tops hit me above the belt! I did not think it would work but I decided I'd buy and just return it if it was too short. I really wanted something to wear with leggings. Friends, it's perfect!! I've already ordered two more! I ordered a medium for length and probably could have got a small. And yes, I need a new mirror, it's on our 'living room to do' list! :)


This scarf. Would you believe me if I said it was from Academy and less than $10. Yup. I love it. And it comes in black, white and pink. Good job Academy. 



THREE | FAVORITE POSTS

I shared my January to do list (last week) and I've been able to check most of that off! Yay me!


 I shared my Momfessions on Tuesday. That was fun. My aunt text me the next day to tell me she had just found a high school graduation card for me with money in it... from almost 8 years ago! ha! Momfession, y'all!


 Pssst.. Mel at the Larson Lingo is giving away a $100 Etsy gift card. I don't know about y'all but I could do some Etsy damage with $100. Go check it out. :)
 
FOUR | FAVORITE SHOWS

Soooo, who's all a fan of The Royals?? I'm obsessed with it. I cannot believe how it ended and having to wait until fall for season 3 is going to be the death of me! What?! I love it.

Of course, The Bachelor. Y'all ready for the Twin on One? Will he keep both, one or none?! What do y'all think? I think that would be super awkward!


FIVE | FAVORITE FUNNIES


I totally do this to Tate all the time!


Yes, please! I love me some Chick Fil A!

This link on how to pronounce some Texas towns and places! Some of these I didn't even know.

And lastly, did you see Dakota Johnson on Jimmy Fallon? I lost it at "this is Bubbles!"



Happy Friday, Lovelies
Leah

3 comments:

  1. The dress looks great on you as does the tunic! I have boxed up and taken out that tunic at least 6 times...every time I see another blogger talk about it I think I must be missing something. I think I must just have the weirdest body ever since I seem to be the only one not loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more about Target's $1 section - it gets me every time!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a fun weekend! I need to get to Target for the Valentine's Day dollar spot stuff! So cute!

    ReplyDelete