April 17, 2015

Friday | Coffee, Secrets & More

Happy Friday! I have typed this intro about a dozen times now and erased it because it all involved my secret and I'm not quite ready to spill so I'll just get right into my Friday Favorites. :)

{ONE}
Coffee is an all time favorite! I've been out of my favorite K-Cup for a while now (Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream) so I've been just drinking regular coffee with french vanilla creamer. I reallllly need my K-cups back, however as long as it tastes good and does it's job I'll take it. I love my coffee time. It's my alone time before anybody else wakes up. 


And check out my new (hand-me-down) cups! There originally belonged to my aunt, then my mom, then my sister, and now me! They all decided they wouldn't use them but, hello? Leopard print to add to my coffee. Yes, please!

{TWO}
Bell peppers are favorites here. I use them to cook quite frequently and we are actually having my Pepper Tacos for dinner tonight. Growing up we had a garden with lots of good things: squash, watermelon, cucumbers, and okra just to name a few. I can't say I always wanted to help in the garden, but it is one of my favorite memories with my dad and not to mention the feeling of taking a big bite of that watermelon you grew, pure bliss! Now that Brylee is starting to want to try new things, I thought a small garden would be fun for us. Since we are only renting it hasn't been able to happen (I'm still searching pinterest for ways to make it work). My mom told me to try some of the 'seeds in a cup' things so that's just what we did. I started with the bell pepper to see how we'd do. For anybody curious, I got it at Target. 

 I'll keep you guys posted on how well it's doing. Oh, and you see that ivy next to it? Fun fact: it's 25 years old! My aunt sent it to my mom the day I was born and miraculously it's still alive. How cool? :)

{THREE}
With Brylee loving to try new things, she has also developed a love to cook! She has 'pretend' cooked in her kitchen for a while now, but now she wants to help me all the time. I don't have pictures of her helping me cook, but check out her awesome gear! She wears it when she helps me cook. My aunt got it for her for her birthday. It was the last one left and they ran out of the girls ones. No worries though, Brylee loves it. She calls her apron a cooking vest. Ha! Cooking is a favorite of mine and I'm loving seeing her so eager to help. 


{FOUR}
FroYo is always a favorite! This was the wonderful day I had earlier this week. This was definitely the best part of that day. 


and now......

{FIVE}
Secret reveal... we are moving back to West Texas! Not Odessa, but not far from it! I'll wait to go into detail once the contract is signed, but Tate accepted a job as the Assistant Head Coach and I'm so excited for him. I'm so proud of the accomplishments he has made in just a few years of coaching. I can't wait to see what these next few years have for us. I've been searching all week for houses, a job, and a school for Brylee. We leave Wednesday to go sign his contract and hopefully start looking at houses. Oh the joys of moving. I will give y'all this much... 

How pretty is that?!

Linking up with my Friday Gals!





Friday Favorites: Andrea | Erika
5 On Friday: April | Natasha | Christina | Darci


Wish us luck house hunting! Hope y'all have a great weekend.

-Leah :)



No comments:

Post a Comment