April 15, 2015

What We Ate Wednesday | FAIL!

Happy Wednesday! Today so did not go as planned. I started a new workout with the Tone It Up gals and I love it, but after mine and B's little accident and going back home, I took two weeks off. Starting off this morning I was super sore but beyond that, my ankle was killing me! I use to play soccer and have had countless ankle injuries and now I'm paying for it. I stretched it out a bit and felt good enough to workout. So far so good. When the weather permits, I workout outside and today was one of those days. Brylee plays and I get my workout in early. About half way through my workout Brylee starts screaming bloody murder. She starts running towards me so I go get her and see black ants all over her feet! She was standing in an ant bed that she couldn't see. I dipped her feet into her water table to get all the ants off, rushed inside to pour bleach on her feet. I put itch cream and socks on and had her watch some TV while I watched her. She had never had an ant sting before so I wasn't sure if she was allergic to them or not. After 15 minutes or so I checked her and she did have tiny white bumps where they stung her but no swelling. Whew! I repeatedly added more itch cream throughout the day and she hasn't complained but once.

I finished my workout inside, made breakfast, picked up the house and got in the shower. It was close to 9:30 by then and I was getting a later start than normal. Today was a hair wash day so I knew it would take a bit longer to get ready. I got out of the shower, dried my hair and plugged in my curling iron. While waiting on it to get hot I decided to try my new self tanner.  The lady at Ulta said it was great and what she used so I thought I'd give it a try. Backtrack a bit... I've been using Loreal's Sublime Bronze and I do love it, but it only lasts a few days so I wanted something that would last a week at least so that led me to trying the Ulta brand tanning mousse. I was super excited. I did a few pumps on the mit and started sweeping it across my leg. Added a few more pumps and finished off the bottom part of my leg. So far, great. It doesn't have a bad odor and was fairly easy to apply. I went to add more tanner and the pump was clogged! What?! I took to the reviews and saw that it did do this with the clear pump (mine) but they fixed it with a new black pump. Some people did say that they dripped the liquid onto their leg and applied it just fine that way.... umm no. I tried that and It just spotted my leg. I tried to dab it onto my mit and apply and it streaked so bad. I contemplated my options... A) wear pants while it's 90° and humid B) wear shorts and hope to not have to explain myself to too many people or C) wash my legs off. I went with C. I pulled my hair up and got back in the shower. While I was in the shower my razor fell off the wall and when I leaned down to pick it up I slipped, didn't fall, but my dry hair was now wet. How nice. Fast forward a bit. It was about 1, I was cooking lunch and doing my make up. My mom called me and was curious why I was just now getting ready. I explained my morning to her and she laughed. Of course, I had to just laugh it off too.

After lunch we loaded up at went to run a few errands, taking my Ulta tanner back being one of them. First stop though, was frozen yogurt with my sweet girl! Best part of my day thus far. :)

On to Old Navy, Hobby Lobby and Petsmart. We have two of each here in McAllen but I went to the one across from the FroYo since they were all in that same shopping center. Easy one stop, right? Ha. Going from Hobby Lobby to Old Navy, about 3 stores apart, it started pouring on me so I ran the rest of the way. Of course those 3 stores would have no cover. I should have just gone back to my car because they didn't even have what I was looking for. Now to Petsmart where Brylee begged and begged for a kitten! Oh my. You should have seen the tears on this poor babies face. She had been asleep through everything, including the rain, and chose the pet store to wake up in. Awesome. Left there and it had just stopped raining but at this point, my twice dried hair was wet again, my clothes were still damp, but Brylee and my makeup still looked great!

Didn't go to Ulta. Didn't go to the Post Office. Did go home. Got home just in time to get dry and start dinner.

So obviously there is no WWAW today, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

Here's to hoping Thursday is fantastic!
-Leah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment