April 9, 2015

What We Ate Wednesday #2

Hey y'all! I'm back with another WWAW! Still no graphic, but the series is here. Today Brylee and I went to the grocery store to get our weekly fresh things. I love the age she's at now. We have these little baskets that she can easily get in and out of so she loves to help me get groceries and put them in the basket. She helps me and it's a learning thing for her. For example:

"Brylee can you get me 3 lemons and put them in this bag"
She will count them out loud "one, two, fwee"
"What color are lemons?"
She looks around with this adorable look on her face and yells "YEWWO!" 

I love it! ;) She is such a people person and today another lady shopping asked if Brylee would also help her get some limes. B looked at me as if asking permission so when I told her to help she gladly did. Kind, sweet, smart and funny; she has such a lovely personality (including those terrible two tantrums that also do happen).  Now onto some great eats!

Breakfast

Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
These could also be used as a snack. I sometimes double the batch so they can be my breakfast one day and snack the rest of the week. I usually just put them in a baggie and they stay good in the fridge for about a week. These were another one of those 'throw a bunch of things together and let's see how they turn out' kind of meals and they are delicious and so easy to change up for your preference. 

Here's what ya need:
2 ripe bananas
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
1/2 Tbsp, Nutella (optional)
1 cup oats (any)
Mix ins (almonds, chocolate chips, raisins, etc)

Preheat oven to 350°

Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray, I use Pam. Set aside.

In a bowl mash up bananas with a fork. Add in the peanut butter and nutella and then add the oats. Last add in whatever 'mix in' you desire. For this batch I used raisins. 

Spoon onto cookie sheet. This recipe usually makes about 8 cookies, depending on how thick you want them. 

Back for 20-25 minutes and let them sit for 5. 

**I have made these with instant oatmeal, flavored oatmeal, steel cut oats.. all kinds. They still turn our great!**

Dinner

Crescent Roll Casserole

AKA: Cheeseburger Casserole. 
When Tate and I first got together he wanted to cook dinner one night. This was the first and last time he's ever cooked a full meal for me. (Note: he has totally helped me cook before, but he prefers not to.  Ha! He won't turn down grilling outside though). I wasn't expecting a four course meal and a four course meal I did not get. I got this. And it was so good! I make it at least once a week here because it's simple and everybody loves it. PS... don't judge my paper plates! Simple meal, simple clean up! :)

Here's what ya need:
1 can crescent rolls
1 lb hamburger meat
grated cheese

Preheat oven to 375°

Brown hamburger meat. 

Meanwhile, spray a 9x9 casserole dish with Pam. Put half of the crescent roll dough on the bottom of the pan. When the mean is cooked, add meat on top of dough, cover with cheese, and then put the other half of the dough on the top. You may have to stretch it out to completely cover. 

Bake for 12 -15 minutes (top should be golden brown) and let sit for 5 minutes.

Serve with macaroni and cheese and you're done!

See, so simple. Which is probably why Tate made it. :) 

**I think it would be so good adding some bacon, maybe some bbq sauce, grilled onions, ya know, burger kind of things, but Tate wants this exact thing.. no changes. One day I might just do it anyways. Let me know if you do!**

 
Italian Skillet Chicken

Get out your iron skillets, ladies! This one you start on the stove and end in the oven, all in the same skillet. If you don't have an iron skillet, totally fine! ;) I'll help ya with when/what to do. 

Here's what ya need:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 ripe tomatoes, diced
4 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper

First, salt and pepper both sides of chicken. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until brown on both sides, about 8 minutes. While chicken is cooking, dice tomatoes and garlic. 

When chicken is done, remove to a plate (or a baking dish if you don't have an iron skillet) and place tomatoes in skillet until they break down, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes. 

Remove sauce from pan and into a bowl. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel and place chicken back in the skillet. Top with the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Pile it high!  If you're not using a skillet, just pour the sauce directly on the chicken in the dish.

Place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubble. It should have a spotted brown color. 

I paired this with roasted potatoes and broccoli and crescent rolls.

Let me know if you try any of these. Enjoy!

Bon Appetit - Leah. :)


**Yes, I do realize it's Thursday. Let's just pretend I started and finished this post in one day instead of two and that day was yesterday. Deal? Okay, thanks.**




No comments:

Post a Comment