April 9, 2015

Spring!

This was a super, super easy craft I decided to make one day. I wanted a banner for my entry way shelf but couldn't find one that I loved! I saw plenty of burlap ones but they seemed too plain. I saw so super bright neon ones, but those were just too much. In order for it to be exactly what I wanted I had to make it myself; Hobby Lobby it was. I saw pre-cut burlap triangles and thought I could paint pastel colors on them but then remembered that I had an entire drawer full of white paint. That brought me to this: colored felt! Ta-da! So, with white paint, 4 colored felt sheets, felt stickers, yarn and ribbon this was made! 

I put Brylee to work painting these left over hearts from Valentines Day that I cutout into flowers for a later project. We both got busy crafting!


First, I cut out 2 triangles from each piece of felt. Then I cut out a hole in the corners of the top. Or bottom, whichever way you want to look at. I arranged them into my pattern and started painting. Oh, and glitter! Cannot forget the glitter. Ha! I sprinkled it on the letters while they were still wet. Once the paint was dry I added the felt stickers I found, threaded the yarn through the holes and hung it up!
It adds just the right amount of pop to my entry way!

-Leah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment