April 1, 2015

Life Lately!

Because I didn't blog for an entire month, I thought I'd catch y'all up with another Life Lately post. Not that our life is that interesting, but here are the places we've been! 

1. Before Tate's Spring Break, we had our last "freeze" here. I know it's not the same cold that everybody up north has, but for a very southern place like McAllen, drizzle and cold (50's) temps don't mix! We weren't prepared for this kind of weather so we just stayed in and did nothing! The one day we actually did get out, we met Tate for lunch at the mall and did a little shopping. Look at this attitude! 

2. During Spring Break, we went to San Antonio. We went to Sea World with Tate's mom, aunt and cousin. We had a great time! More on Sea World later, but take a peek.
Before going home Tate and I did some shopping. I was quite impressed with myself because I bought NOTHING! Tate bought a few things and we got a few things for Brylee but I can't say there was anything I absolutely had to have. Like Tate, he had to have this hat.

3. After San Antonio, Tate's mom took Brylee back to Odessa with her and we had a kid-free week. The first few days I got so much accomplished. I finished my 20 Day Clean and Organize Challenge, got me a dress and Tate a new shirt and tie for his cousin's wedding, and had some much needed me time. After a few days I was going crazy without my 2 year old tornado! 

We entertained ourselves at dinner. I was enthused with Tate's game. ;)

and by doing things like skateboarding around Academy. I posted the video to Facebook but can't seem to get it to link up here. Too bad, it was funny.

4. The next weekend was Tate's cousins wedding in Austin. We got Brylee back (yay!) and enjoyed some family time. It was a beautiful wedding and we had a blast! Brylee and Killian were dancing machines again! 

with the Bride:
 

And groom:
Also, thank goodness for the help of Play-doh and colors. She was entertained all night. 
 Rehearsal the night before, Brylee could be found reading some Hymns. :)

5. Monday was complete because I had my crazy girl back! But I did end up sick. I'm not sure if I had a cold, allergies or a combination of both but I had it all. week. long! It was miserable but we made the best of it with lots of cuddles watching movies.

6. Saturday Tate had a track meet. Brylee 'participated' in her own relay and then we hung out outside for a bit.

7. I only got a day and a half of feeling good and then Brylee and I got into a fender bender. Thank God it was just that and nothing worse. Here's what happened: We were coming home from lunch and at this certain intersection there is ALWAYS a turn signal but for some reason we didn't get one so I didn't go. The guy behind me said out of habit he went and clearly wasn't paying attention to the big black Tahoe still sitting there and he hit me, pretty hard too. My Tahoe has a few scratches and bumps but that poor Jetta is tore up. I was leaning forward so I hit my seat going back pretty hard. Almost instantly I had a headache and probably should have gone to a doctor but I just went home, took advil and iced my back/neck.  I'm still sore from it in the mornings but after moving around a bit I feel better. Brylee didn't even seem phased by it and was only concerned that I turned her movie off to ask her if she was okay and check her out. 

8. And that leads us to today! I'm busy getting packed and ready to head out to Odessa tomorrow morning. I have my nephew's birthday party, Easter and just some good family time. It's good for my soul! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment