April 10, 2015

Friday | Taco Villa, New Hair and Family Fun

Happy Friday! It's been such a long week here. We went to Odessa for Easter and my nephew's birthday on Thursday and came home Monday. Tuesday was recovery, Wednesday we went grocery shopping and yesterday and today we did a whole lotta nothing! However, Tate is off this weekend so I'm hoping to maybe do something fun. There's so much to do down here that we haven't even had a chance to experience yet, except the beach. And even that was 6 months ago! Wow.. it just hit me that we have been living her for over 6 months now. Bittersweet. Which also leads me to a little secret. ;) I can't share just yet, but it's a big deal. 

On to my Friday Favorites! 

**1**
Being home is good for the soul! I thoroughly enjoyed being back home for a few days. Easter and my nephew's birthday were a blast. I drove in Thursday and got there early enough to meet my sweet new niece. They are still in the process of adoption so I can't share much info but she is adorable! Brylee finally has another little girl on my moms side to play with! B and Jack Jack have missed each other so much!
  Friday we had a failed attempt to see the Easter bunny. Instead we met my aunt for some shopping and went back to my sisters to get ready for Jackson's birthday party. Saturday was party day. We stayed up so late the night before and got a later start than we wanted to set things up. We just about finished our hair and makeup when people started to arrive. After the party was over we dyed eggs. B would stick her entire hand in the dye just to make sure no one else took her egg! She was a little upset about her purple hands!


 Sunday was Easter! The Easter bunny came by and left some goodies. The kids had a little egg hunt and then we got ready for church. 






After church we met Tate's family at his aunts house for lunch and another egg hunt! Then we loaded up again and went back to my sisters house for Easter there and yet another egg hunt!! Brylee should be a pro by now. I only have a few pics from my phone, but the weekend was great!






**2**
Taco Villa. Enough said. If you're from west Texas you know Taco Villa and if not, it's worth the trip. :) After not having it for a few months I was definitely craving it. Friday when we went shopping with my aunt, we stopped here for lunch first! Combination burrito, extra cheese and red sauce, mexi curls and a coke! I haven't had a coke in soooo long but their cokes are soo good! Made my tummy happy. Brylee too! She devoured a bean and cheese burrito like nobody's business. I sent this picture to Tate because he mentioned how much he wanted it also. Mean? Nahh. I brought him a bean and cheese 6 pack home. He was a happy man.

**3**
My new hair! I finally jumped on the bayalage ombre look and I love it. I wanted something that would be low maintenance since I still use my hair stylist back in Odessa and my visits are few and far between. Highlights are just too much to keep up with when you don't have a local stylist.  I was worried about it being too dark for spring/summer but there is still plenty of blonde there. Leah, also her name, does amazing work! I just showed her a picture I found from Pinterest and she went to work.

**4**
My spring banner! This was such an easy and fun craft. Go check it out. 

**5**
My workout buddies for the week. Brylee was doing Downward Dog and some mountain climbers and Layla was just making herself be known. :)




Linking up with my Friday Gals!



5 On Friday: Natasha | April | Christina | Darci
Friday Favorites: Andrea | Erika

Have a fantastic weekend!
-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment