April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday | April

Good Morning! Today I'm linking up with Mix + Match Family, Pinterest Told Me To, and The Larson Lingo for the first What's Up Wednesday link up! The last Wednesday of every month we can tell everybody what's up! Here are the topics:

So, let's get this started.

What we're eating this week...
Well, Monday was an easy Voila dinner. Have y'all every had those? They come in a variety of flavors and they are quick and easy for a last minute lunch/dinner and quite tasty too. Tuesday we went to Chick-Fil-A and the rest of the week I'm not sure. I'll be in Odessa, so whatever my family wants to feed me. :)

What I'm reminiscing about...
 Brylee got a sleeping bag for Christmas and had it out yesterday. As I was rolling it up I started thinking about going on camping trips. I'm not talking about staying in a cabin or RV, I'm talking about pitching a tent, sleeping in a sleeping bag and roasting hot dogs in the fire for dinner! :) One memory in particular was when my dad agreed to take me, Stormi and two of my best friends camping. Crazy guy! We had such a great time! Stayed up late, woke up early, fished, went tubing, and we even met this group of guys that a friend of mine ended up dating for a few years! Ha. Pure bliss.
This was 15-16(?) year old lake rat Leah. 

What I'm loving...
Fresh pineapples and sunshine! I haven't had a fresh pineapple in so long and they were on sale at the store the other day so I bought a few. I've been snacking on them all day long for a good week. B doesn't like them so much, her face sure proved it. ;) And sunshine! We've been hit by so many storms in the last few weeks that it's been good to have some sunshine the past few days. It just feels good.
Doesn't that picture just scream happiness??

What we've been up to...
Packing, looking for a house, job, school, etc. Oh joy.
After our first move this verse really stuck with me. I hope Tate never stops chasing his dream and one day he'll get there. I'll be there for support the whole way. 

What I'm dreading...
Packing, packing, packing. I don't think there is an easy or fun way to pack.
Ha! I wish.

What I'm working on...
It's ridiculous the amount of clothes a coach accumulates in a few months (August to now). I'm currently working on getting all Tate's things ready to give back. It's bittersweet.
I'll say this until all those empty hangers are replaced with new shirts. 

What I'm excited about...
Going home this weekend! It's only been a month since I've been home but oh I miss everybody!
Ain't that the truth!

What I'm watching/reading...
Right now, I'm watching Dancing With The Stars, The Voice, and my new favorite, The Royals! I love it! I'm reading The 5 Love Languages.
As much as I love Chris and Witney, I think this season will go to Rumor and Val, although I think Ryker and Allison might surprise us.
I'm a big fan of Meghan Linsey, India Carney, and of course the  young country girl in me loves Corey Kent White.
E!'s new drama filled family! I love it.
I just started reading this but I've heard such great things about it.

What I'm listening to...
To be exact, Something 'Bout a Woman by Lady Antebellum.

What I'm wearing...
I'll be in a car for about 9 hours, I'm wearing something like this:
Minus the kettle bell.. ha!

What I'm doing this weekend...
Tate's cousin is getting married, so wedding festivities. Brylee is their flower girl so pray she does so good! I've been practicing with her for a few weeks now and she has the throwing flowers part down but once she gets to the end of the hallway, she bows and says 'thank you very much'. I'm sure I would just turn red if she did that at the wedding, although I'm sure it would be kinda cute at the same time. 
This was when she tried on her "princess dress" as she calls it. :)

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Hopefully we'll be moving, but most importantly, my cousin Brittni is graduating! What?! She is like another little sister to me and I just cannot believe it. It's another bittersweet moment.
I got her announcement on Saturday and this was my favorite one of her senior pics I got. Oh, Brittni, there's just so much I could tell you but I'm so proud of you will do for now. 

What else is new...
We've hit a major milestone in Potty Training and I'd say we are on the final stretch of it! Yay!
After weeks of doing soooo good, we hit a rough patch and I think we've overcome it. I'll share my secrets when we're finished. 


And that's what's up! Check back later for a What We Ate post! Promise. :) Have a happy Wednesday. 
-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment