April 23, 2015

Random Thoughts

I'm taking a break from watching TV. Ha. I was supposed to be with Tate looking at houses this weekend but we had a change of plans. Hello Leah. You have dogs. Who is going to watch them for you? One of the coaches usually does but he had plans this weekend too. So here I am, at home, while Tate is house hunting for us. He did excellent with the house we are in now and I'm not looking to move like next week, but the sooner we find something, the better. We will more than likely (haven't talked details over with the landlords) be out of this house at the end of May and if we don't have a house yet I will live in Odessa or Abilene with family and Tate will be residing in the coaches office on an air mattress. Lucky him. I cleaned my house earlier this week so I would come home to a clean house when we got back (I know I'm not the only one that does that, right?) so I'm actually quite bored. I do have things planned for Brylee and I in the coming up weeks but nothing was planned here this weekend.

See... randoms! On to some more. 

  • I thought my spider adventures were over. I woke up this morning to find a spider in the sink. I turned on the water and sent him on his way. I moved the computer to the guest room and will continue to leave the computer in there. 
  • I'm dreading packing. When we moved here Tate left me to pack up alone. Thankfully I had family there to help me keep Brylee. Here I have no one. I'll have Tate here some weekends and will introduce him to packing. Any tips to make this process any easier? We will be moving a lot due to him being a coach so I'll take any advice you have.
  • Speaking of packing and spiders... I could start packing but I refuse to get in the attic and get the boxes out. I can almost guarantee there is a spider up there. Probably an entire family of them. No thanks!
  •  Brylee is becoming super sassy and I'm finally coming to terms that she gets it from me. I see this as some type of payback. I'm talking hands on her hips shaking a finger at me sass. Oh my goodness. 
  • I say 'hot mess' a lot. Probably more times a day than anyone should. I've also realized I say 'stop it' (bachelorette fans, think Andi), 'Cool!' (as in being sarcastic about something), and 'all kinds of crazy, stupid, fun, etc (as to like describe that something is very crazy, stupid, fun, etc).  I've said all that for as long as I can remember but I'm now noticing just how much I say it thanks to the 2 year old that repeats me.
  • I think it's absolutely ridiculous for someone (realtor) to talk to a potential tenant (me) about scheduling an appointment to view homes and then decide to go out of town. I talked to him last Thursday and he told me to call back Monday after I had a chance to talk with Tate about when we wanted to view a house. I called him Monday (2x), Tuesday (2x) and Wednesday once. I left a voice mail each time. The second time I called on Tuesday I asked to leave a VM and then talk to another realtor. That other realtor came on the phone and said this guy was out of town until Monday but she would check her schedule and get back with me. Guess what? She never did. I totally get if he had an emergency situation and wasn't there, but I would have thought that the people he worked with would know his situation and quit sending me to VM each time and try to work with me. 
  • Which leads me to this.. why can't someone return a phone call? I get it. I'm sure there are plenty of personal phone calls I haven't returned but when it comes to something work related, shouldn't you call them back? Not only would it be respectful to do so but isn't that your job? I totally get being busy and all, been there done that, but sheesh! 
  • Why do people think it's appropriate to leave you kid in their underwear in public? I'm talking like 10-12 year olds. Brylee and I went to the park earlier to get out of the house and there is a splash pad there. I'm not even kidding, about 8 kids were running around in their underwear! The park was packed, too, so it's not like you had the entire splash pad to yourself. Accidents happen, sure, but to 8 kids?? That when you pack a swimsuit and/or a change of clothes. I can maybe see this happening to a toddler aged kid but not one that should know better. 

Annnnnd, that's all for today. I'm sure I've had plenty more thoughts running 95 MPH in my head today but these just stood out.

Tomorrow is Friday! :)
-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment