April 25, 2015

Oh, Hey Friday!

It's been a super long week . Partly because Tate is gone and partly because we haven't really done much. I am glad it's Friday though. I had to go to the grocery store today and this is how we shopped. 
Ha! Brylee had been refusing a nap all day and fell asleep right as we pulled into the parking lot. I was getting all kinds of strange looks but when you need your kid to take a nap, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Now that it's official, we are moving to the San Angelo area. Tate is the new Assistant Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator at Ballinger High. We aren't sure exactly what town we will live in because none of them have a good housing market right now. :/ God has a plan though, I'm sure of it! Go Bearcats! 

Now for some Favorites! 

{ONE}
Sunday was one of my Favorite days! We started off with a trip to Target to try to find me a dress for Tate's cousins wedding. I realllly wanted a Lilly Pulitzer dress, this one to be exact. There was nothing! I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal. There were women crowding around the dressing rooms to get what other people didn't want after trying it on! I think when something like that is launched and they expect it to be a big deal, they should put a limit on how many items can be purchased. Just my opinion. We did browse around for a bit. I rode in the basket with Brylee (it was one of the bigger ones with the double seats) and Tate pulled us around. 
He was super impressed with my idea. :)
Then we went to Academy. Tate new shirts and shorts for Ballinger. I got a kettle bell. Never used one before and I love it! Brylee got some dumbbells! Ha! Ridiculous? Maybe, but I'd rather her pick those one pounds up than try to hurt herself picking up one of mine. 
 Later that evening we went to eat at Corner Bakery. We love that place! These two love to color. :)

{TWO}
 I have a new Favorite workout. Katrina and Karena at Tone It Up are amazing! The workouts are intense and challenging and they have a nutrition plan that I cannot wait to get my hands on. I'm only 2 weeks in to the workouts and I love it. If you want a good workout you can do pretty much anywhere, check them out. There is an entire community on social media to keep you going and hold you accountable. This was my 'check in' picture after my kettle bell workout. :) It burned so good!

{THREE}
 The self tanning mousse that I talked about in this post that I wasn't impressed with due to the pump clogging on me has become my new favorite self tanner. I returned the other one to Ulta and the lady explained that they did change the top because they were having so many complaints about the other one. I love it! The color is so pretty, it doesn't smell bad, and for $12.99, heck yeah! It's the Ulta brand if you want to check it out. I took this picture standing where the sun was shining through the window so you can see the color. It's so pretty.

{FOUR}
 Y'all, if you have little ones that have issues brushing their teeth, get the Oral-B app! Brylee used to love brushing her teeth and then one day it became a struggle. I tried to explain why she needed to and told her 'sugar bugs' would eat her teeth, nothing worked. I had to brush for her and she didn't really care for that. I saw this app while she was watching Disney one day and downloaded. Now she asks me if it's time to brush her teeth. This will probably phase out one day but at least I got her back to doing it. There is a timer that brushes away 'toothpaste' to reveal a sticker that you get to add to your book. She gets so excited. 


{FIVE}
So for Tate's cousins wedding next weekend, Brylee is their flower girl. I decided to let her practice throwing flowers (in our case pom poms because I had them at home). I'm glad I did. She went from just standing still and throwing them, to bowing at the end of the hallway and saying 'thank you very much', to now being perfect! Tate practiced with her the other night. It was a favorite moment until he noticed I was recording and he stopped. I still got a picture, though. ;)

Now, I have to start organizing to pack. Does that make any sense? Ha. And again, I'll take any advice you guys have for packing and moving. It's already stressing me out. 

Linking up with my Friday gals. 

Have a fantastic weekend! 
-Leah.

For the record, I pushed save instead of publish so it's not exactly Friday anymore but I'm not deleting this post. :) Happy Saturday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment