February 16, 2015

Day 10 - Dining Room

**Day 9 was scheduled to post on Wednesday and Day 10 should have been Thursday. For some reason they didn't post like they should have. Now, on to Day 10.**

This was a much needed cleaning day for me. Not for the dining room, but for the declutter and organizing of the bathroom cabinets. Whew! They needed it. We ended our day with Brylee cuddled up with her new Minnie bag (sleeping bag) and some popcorn to watch Toy Story 3. She loved it!

Day 10

Clean - Dining Room. Clean the following:
  • clean off dining room table. 
  • dust and wax table 
  • dust and wipe over other surfaces
  • clean windows
  • pick up items off the floor
  • vacuum rug
  • sweep and mop or vacuum floor 
Declutter - Bathroom cabinets. Today's task is to declutter your bathroom cabinets, throwing away items that are broken, you have not used in over a year or have expired; yes, lotions, perfumes and makeup have expiration dates.

Organize - Bathroom cabinets. Make it easier for yourself to find something the next time you are looking for it.

New Habit - Check your calendar. Before going to bed or relaxing for the evening check your planner or calendar to see what plans and appointments you have tomorrow or coming up during the next week you need to prepare for.

5 Minutes Only - Pull out the cars and sweep the garage.

Before Clean -My dining room is never messy. It so happened to look like this when I took the picture because Tate and I were working on our taxes the night before.
After Clean - All I had to do was pick up the paper clutter and dust and wax everything.

Before Declutter/Organize - This is embarrassing! I don't think my bathroom cabinet has ever looked like this. I just got lazy and didn't put things where they belong. My purses are just thrown up on top. It's just a mess.
Makeup and hair things. I didn't want them there but they didn't fit in the  above cabinet.
This was just a mess of all things.
Brylee's cabinet wasn't that bad. Everything on the top shelf just needed to go where it belonged.

After Declutter/Organize - This looks so. much. better! I put my hair and skin products in the basket and the rest on the bottom just didn't fit. I'll need to find another basket like that one, I just wish I remembered where I got that one. My hair and makeup things finally fit nicely in the middle with room for my PJ's to lay next to them. My bigger purses fit on top and I moved my smaller clutches and crossbody bags in an empty drawer.
This cabinet had absolutely nothing in it! I forgot it was even there (and it's right next to my sink..ha!). I filled it with things we use daily to clear up more space in the other cabinet.
I moved the bigger towels in B's bathroom to another cabinet, put all the swimming things on top and then filled the middle with her bath stuff, baby stuff and sun/outside lotions and sprays.

New Habit - I already check my planner every night. It's nice to remind myself of what Tate's plans are for the day since I rarely have any plans... which I'm hoping is changed soon.

5 Minutes - Ha! As I was going to do this, Tate had just pulled up and started doing it anyways. Score for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment