February 1, 2015

Day 2- Main Bedroom

2 days later! Ha! Life happens and this is why I wanted to start this project early.  I knew I wouldn't be able to do each thing every. single. day! I didn't do anything on the challenge on Friday.. Brylee and I enjoyed the last bit of good weather we had because it's forecasted (is that a word) to rain this weekend and most of next week and I needed to pick up the house for company.  Tonight we have the Super Bowl and are going to a party tonight at another coaches house. Do y'all have any plans for the Super Bowl? I'm cheering for Seattle; I'm not a big Brady fan.

Dustee isn't quite sure about her 3-wheeler and Layla HATES it (as to why she's nowhere to be found). Now, on to the challenge:

Day 2

Clean - Main bedroom. Only do the following:
  • strip the bed and wash bedding - if hasn't been done in a while
  • flip mattress if needed
  • pick up and put away all clothing
  • pick up and put/throw away all clutter (paper and other items)
  • dust ceiling fan - do this first so you don't ruin work you've already done
  • dust and wax all surfaces, bedside tables, dressing tables, mirrors, picture frames
  • dust ornaments
  • vacuum mattress
  • vacuum floor
  • dust and clean windows
Do not do anything with the following, they will be another day:
  • ensuite
  •  wardrobe (drawers including) 

Declutter - Bedroom surfaces. Do you have one too many 'pretty things, nic nacs, ornaments' on your surfaces? Having too many things will make the space look messier than it is. Make it clutter free.

Organize - Top drawer of bedside table.

New Habit - Make your bed each morning.

5 Minutes Only - Wipe over your dining chairs.

Clean Before: Remember, I'm taking these pictures after my morning coffee. My bed is typically made after my shower, but look at my dresser! It's a total catch all! And then my weights just chilling over there in the floor.. hello, Leah!


Clean After: It looks 10x better! Please ignore my brown, not so matching or fitting comforter. Tate decided to let a muddy pawed dog on the one that's supposed to be here, so just pretend it matches those pillows. :) I need to take it to the laundry mat but I can be a total procrastinator, Hi Mom (she knows just how bad)! I put all the paper clutter away, dusted, waxed and put up!


Declutter Before: Bedroom surfaces- things were everywhere!

Declutter After: It all found it's home, I put on the paper clutter up (poor desk.. another day) and re-evaluated what I needed up there. I do need to find a little tray or something for Tate to put his stuff in/on when he gets home (wallet, watch, whistle, ect).

Organize Before: Now this my friends, was a HOTT MESS! There was everything in here from birthday cards (from 5 years ago!), chargers, books, bibles, paper, a face cream, empty boxes (?); you name it, it was probably there.

Organize After: No need for a picture, the bottom drawer is completely empty and the top only has our daily chargers, my iPad keyboard, bibles, and that head and back scratcher. Everything else got the boot to either the desk (again, poor desk), the bookshelf or the trash.

New habit and 5 minute task had nothing to show.  :)

Until next time, lovelies!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment