February 11, 2015

Day 8- Wardrobe!

Cleaning out the closet. This one was easy for me but it seemed to take forever! It definitely needed to be done. Thank goodness Tate played college football; I'm not sure what we would do without 586,927 pair of sweat suits and duffle bags. He is such a hoarder with that stuff. It's almost sacred to him. Even in his dresser... how many pair of UTEP and UNM shorts do ya have to keep?! On top of that, just for Edinburg he has about 10 pair of red and 10 pair of royal blue. All the exact same. He doesn't want me to mess with any of his "keepsake" clothes. I told him that one day he'll come home and it'll all be in the attic. I consider that a win/win situation.

Clean - Wardrobe: Closet and dresser drawers! Today we will be sorting through our wardrobe, giving it a good clean, declutter and it may also be a good time to start to change it over from winter (for those living in warmer states). Today's tasks:
  • remove all items from the floor
  • if you have shelves, remove everything from them and wipe them over
  • vacuum the floor 
Declutter - Your clothes. When you look at your wardrobe can you easily find a piece of clothing or is it jam packed?
  • remove any items that need repairing, assess if you have time and place them in either a mending pile or consider if its worth fixing professionally
  • have you worn it in the pas 12-18 months? No, then consider donating it.
  • does it fit? Too big, great work! Donate it. Too small? If you're trying to fit it again keep it in a separate area of the closet.
  • purge what you no longer like or need
Organize - Now that you have cleaned and decluttered it, take some time to organize it. Straighten up the piles of folded clothes, sort your clothes to make them easier to find.

New Habit - After being washed, put it back where it belongs!

5 Minutes Only - Tidy the kids bedrooms. Remove trash and quickly clean the floor. This will help for tomorrows challenge!

Before: We have a pretty spacious closet but when we moved in it was all just thrown together. My shoes are pretty organized and my clothes are done by type of shirt then by color. Tate's shoes are not organized and his clothes are somewhat okay.  Haha, and if you look closely at my shoes you can see Snowbelle Sparkle's legs (our Elf on the Shelf). I packed up Christmas and forgot her in my suitcase so she got stowed away in my closet!



 After:  I redid my shoes, putting my boots on the floor, tennis shoes, toms and others like that on top and moved my sandals from a drawer they were in to the bottom shelf. I put all of Tate's coaching shoes on his shelves and the others on top. Do y'all see all those duffle bags? Each bag has about 5 smaller bags inside, only two of them being mine! I organized Tate's clothes... way too much! Ha! I know she mentioned swapping winter/summer clothes but I just leave all mine here all year round. Our bigger coats are in the coat closet. I did end up getting rid of about 20 shirts which my mom, sister and cousin are super excited about. :)




As far as our drawers, mine were already organized and Tate's I just separated them by color, giving each drawer two colors and then khakis and dress shorts in another with the other two having plenty of room for swim shorts and extra space.


See y'all tomorrow for Day 9!
-Leah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment