February 14, 2015

Day 9 - Kids Bedroom(s)

Hello blogging friends! I feel like today was a successful day! We played outside and it was so nice this morning that I did my workout outside again! I love when I can do that. Brylee gets to play and I get my workout in.. win/win situation. I have decided that if I'm going to continue working out outside I need to invest in some kind of mat. I have a good yoga mat but I'm not sure I want to get it really dirty.







Girlfriend loves her swing and Dustee loves the trampoline! With her being as old as she is, I didn't think it would be her that enjoyed it (of the dogs). You can see Layla's face checking it out there on the bottom.. she's still not sure.

Day 9

Clean - Kid's Bedrooms (just one in my case). Cleaning Tasks are:
  • clean window and window sill
  • strip sheets off bed and wash bedding
  • flip mattress
  • pick up and put away all clothing
  • pick up and/or throw out clutter
  • dust all surfaces and ornaments
  • clean ceiling fan
  • vacuum floor
  • put clean sheets on bed
Declutter - Kids Bedrooms. They accumulate so much stuff! Today we are going to do a general declutter of the entire bedroom.
  •  Donate or store away for hand me downs the following things:
    •  clothes and shoes that are too small
    • toys they have outgrown
    • books they have outgrown
  • Throw out:
    • trash
    • paper clutter
    • broken toys
Organize - Kids bedroom. Make everything organized to their standards, not yours. If you want them to help you clean up, make it easy on them to easily put things away.

New Habit - Part with sentimental clutter. Unless you have a specific bin you store things in, if you don't love it or use it, it has to go. It just takes up unnecessary space. 

5 Minutes Only - Next time your wheelie bin is emptied take time to give it a quick clean. Wash it out, empty out water and leave the lid open to dry.

Before Clean/Declutter/Organize: Brylee typically doesn't play in her room, she doesn't even sleep in her room, she sleeps in the guest room. Ha! Her room doesn't get dirty from her, it gets dirty from me not putting things away in the right spot. I cleaned out her closet, organized her shelves and desk space over there.




After Clean/Declutter/Organize: Her closet and shelves look so much better! Her closet is organized like mine is, just not by color but by size. All her shoes that fit are on that shoe rack and the ones that don't quite fit her yet but will soon are right on top of the closet. The pink bin next to her toy box has been my accumulating stash of clothes/shoes to keep and the other box is being shipped back home to a friend of mine. I thought about putting her blankets in the guest bedroom closet but it needs to be re-organized first!




New Habit - I don't really have any sentimental clutter yet.

5 Minutes Only - My trash is collected on Tuesday's so this has been added to my planner for Tuesday evening.

And for why B is sleeping in the guest bedroom and why her room is blue with no real decoration. Well, when we first moved we decided it would be a good time to change her crib to the toddler bed since we had to take it apart anyways. She refused to sleep in it! I would put her to bed like I normally would and she would just scream and cry and now that it was easy for her to get out of bed, she would get up and follow me just crying! I would have to rock her to sleep, which I hadn't done in months, then put her in there but still for some reason she would wake up around 2. I thought it was because her bedroom window was right next to the neighbors obnoxiously loud AC unit but when she even wouldn't take naps in there anymore I didn't know what it was. Still don't. One day she went to lay down in the guest bedroom to watch a movie and fell asleep in there and since that day, that's where she sleeps. Maybe its the room or size of the bed, heck I don't know, but she's sleeping! That's also why her room is blue. I was going to paint it to match her crib bedding but there's no sense in it now. We are getting the pieces to change her crib into the full size bed (I'm so glad I went with a convertible crib) and then once I decide on bedding, I'll paint. It drives me crazy but she doesn't seem to mind. :)

Until next time, :)
Leah










No comments:

Post a Comment