February 9, 2015

Day 7 and a Little Monday Motivation

Monday, once again. How was your weekend? We had a great one! The weather was perfect all weekend long so we did a lot of playing outside and enjoying life. Yesterday we went on a 'little' walk that ended up being around 4 miles because the streets we turned down were dead ends. Made for a nice family walk though. I had Layla (which I think was a double workout) and Tate pushed Brylee and Dustee in the stroller. I wish I would have had my phone to take some pictures. Although it was a good weekend, I went through a little slump of eating clean. I tried on a pair of jeans that I thought would fit by now and nope. So my response to that was Chinese food, a BBQ burger from Red Robin with fries (those little things are the devil) and a blizzard. Good job, Leah. I got on Pinterest that night and these were the first two images I saw:


Now, to get back on track and get ready for my next weigh in day! If you needed a little motivation also, I hope those helped. :)

Onto cleaning. I didn't do any part of my challenge all weekend and I'm totally okay with that. Here what I did on Friday though.

Day 7

Clean- Office. This is one room that usually doesn't stay clean, but should. First steps:
  • declutter office desk
  • empty bins
  • dust/wipe over all surfaces
  • clean computer
  • clean window
  • pick up things from the floor
  •  vacuum/sweep
Declutter- Desk. Today's task is just to declutter the desk, nothing else. We don't want to be here all day. Here are some steps to help:
  • grab two bins; one for trash and one for recycling
  • divide paperwork on your desk into these piles: to-do, file, read, receipts
  • test the pens, highlighters, etc., on your desk to make sure they work
  • tidy memo/cork board
  • remove anything else that doesn't belong
Organize - Now that you have decluttered your desk it will be easier to organize.

New Habit- Keep a clutter free desk.

5 Minutes Only - Unsubscribe from all emails you don't want to receive anymore.

Before: Okay, so I've talked about this room before. It's our office/storage room/craft room. It, at one time, was a patio coming off the master bedroom but was apparently needed as an office instead (?). I wish it was still a patio, but I wasn't included in that decision. ha. There's the desk that I've mentioned many times before (poor desk, remember?). Everything in here was a mess. I tried to only do the desk like she mentions but I had to at least do the tops of my bookshelf and craft bin. There were piles of paper on the floor and still some boxes that needed to be unpacked.

After: I'm very pleased with the after look. I had a pile of trash, recycle, and shred and then another box of things that Tate needed to go through (coaches catalogs, play sheets, etc). The craft bin and  the 'keepsakes' on top of the bookshelf I know are another day so I didn't even touch on those.

As with every other day in this challenge, I made a list of things I needed to get to help with my organizing and decluttering. I figure I'll make one big haul at the end to get everything I need; At Home, Home Goods, Target, Container Store, etc. I'll share my organizing once I'm completely done with that. :)

5 Minutes: Unsubscribing from junk emails is still going on. Ha! I've been needing to do it and thanks to the challenge, I finally made myself sit down and do it. With every new email I get on my iPad, I justify reasons to keep or leave it. For some reason, though, I'm not convinced it actually works. I'm still getting emails from places I've unsubscribed from. Hopefully it just takes a few days to kick into their system. Hmm. ;)

Bachelor Monday! I was hoping Kelsey went home, she kinda went crazy! From the looks of the previews though, she gets a nice little 2 on 1 date with Ashley Kardashian. Can't wait.

Until next time, be blessed!
-Leah :)

1 comment:

  1. my motivation is homework and I do this by picturing myself living on the streets so it motivates me to do work ahhahahahahahahahaha that was a joke

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete