February 16, 2015

Weekending | The Absolute Best Day

But seriously! Saturday was the absolute best day! This entire weekend was great. Backtrack to  Friday. Tate had an early release day so he came home for lunch then had to go back for a track meet. Brylee and I watched movies and ate popcorn. It was a perfect night with B. Saturday. That quote pretty much sums it up. We didn't do anything extravagant, yet it was simply perfect! Maybe because it was Valentine's Day, or maybe just because we had one day to ourselves with zero plans. We had breakfast and I gave my loves their little gifts from me. We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant that I've been dying to try, Costa Messa. It was delicious! Hearts, flowers and balloons everywhere; Brylee loved it! We ran a couple errands and came back home for Brylee to take her nap. Tate ended up also taking advantage of a nap and I enjoyed some me time with my love of reality TV. :) After their nap we took a walk to the park down the street. Brylee had a hay day and he'd be lying if Tate said he didn't like sliding. The pictures may be blurry, but that smile is perfectly clear!





Tate may have taught her some bad things by climbing up the slide and sliding down backwards! 


Miss Independent.

We came back home, cooked burgers on the grill at Tate's request. We laughed, danced, talked, played and laughed some more.
While I put B to bed Tate went off to get us 'something'. I picked out my favorite movie, Sweet Home Alabama, and Tate showed up with this: 

Yum! I mentioned earlier in the week that I reallllly wanted a pickle juice snowcone and he went to get us one. They are my favorite! I like the sweet stuff, like Tate's blue coconut back there near that lovely mixed bouquet of pink roses, but I never venture away from my signature one. It was the icing on top of a perfect day! 

Sunday was full of a little lunch,  grocery shopping, more park fun and a whole lot of laziness in between. I made chicken fried steaks for dinner and we settled down to watch the Bachelor. Andi showed real raw emotion and I believe she is still in love with Josh. I've fully lost interest in Britt. Whitney is the one for Chris, I hope. Carly for Bachelorette. We'll see how tonight plays out. Have a wonderful week blog friends!



-Leah

1 comment:

  1. it's good to know you had so much fun. my Saturday's and Sunday's are usually just study and more study!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete