February 25, 2015

Day 13 - Ceiling Fans

According to my planner, Sunday should be the last day of my challenge! Ha! That's not going to happen.
 
Day 13




Clean: Ceiling Fans. Winter is over and the beautiful warm days will soon be upon us with the need to put the ceiling fans on. Let's give them a clean before they do get turned on.

Declutter: Junk drawer. Ahh the drunk drawer. Most households have a junk drawer that can never be kept tidy. If you don't have one, find a drawer that does need to be cleaned. Declutter and organize it so it won't be such a struggle to find something the next time you look.

Organize: Calendar/Diary. I know at the beginning of the year we buy a new planner and plan on using it, however life gets busy and the planner gets put in the drawer and never used. If you don't have one, get one. A planner, calendar, phone calendar, or just a plain old diary and make use of it today. We are going to add the following to your planner so we are organized for all holidays, events and birthdays through the end of 2015. Add the following:
  • Personal
    • Birthdays and birthday parties
    • Anniversaries
    • Holidays
    • Family events
    • Friends/family visiting
    • Public Holidays
  • Kids
    • After school activities (Sports, music, etc.)
    • After school care
    • Immunization dates
  • Work
    • business trips
    • social engagements
  • School
    • term dates
    • no school dates
    • school events
  • Around the Home
    • pest control
    • car servicing
    • change smoke alarm batteries 
  • Other
    • dentist checkups
    • hair appointments
    • meal planning
    • pet immunizations
New Habit: Dry and put up dishes after washing.

5 Minutes Only: Clean out your purse!

Clean: I just use my Swiffer extended duster thing to clean my fans. I put a sheet underneath the fan to catch all the dirt then I just shake it off outside and wash it. I have heard of people spraying cleaner in an old pillowcase and throwing that over each blade to catch the dirt but I've never tried it.

Before Declutter: This one was hard for me. I've never had a 'junk drawer'. I've never had 'junk' just laying around my house in a drawer. Everything has a place and junk gets trashed. However, when we moved I seemed to find it necessary to have not one, but three drawers of 'random things'.. not junk, remember?
 This one in the kitchen had a little bit of everything in it. Most of it just needed to go to the desk and now that the desk is clean and organized it was easy to put things up.
This drawer is full of my dogs bandanas.Yes, they wear bandanas. It also had markers, hand sanitizers and travel sized things.
This drawer was in the laundry room. Most of it just needed to go to the garage but I just got too lazy to walk right out that door and put it up. Today I did.
After Declutter:
 This drawer now only has my grocery shopping notebook (because I'm always adding to it), daily things (chapstick, gum, sissors) and lighters. I'm not even sure why I have so many.
 Straightened up the bandanas and that cleared up room to add my other notebooks to this drawer plus my glasses and Scentsy spatula!
 Also made for a good time to change out their bandanas! :) They may have been bribed with a treat to stand that still! Aren't they so cute?!
Looking at this picture it doesn't look like I decluttered it, but I promise I did. All the batteries got put in their own baggie (if they had already been opened) according to size and then all put into one gallon sized bag. The other bag is full of my hanging things (command strips, suction cup hooks, etc.). Everything else that was in here not pictured got put up in it's place in the garage!

Organize: Not much to say here except for the fact that I love my Erin Condren Life Planner. I use this baby on a daily basis.
Before 5 Minutes: This baby was a mess.

Lets see: 2 books, apple sauce, 2 lotions, 1 hand sanitizer (that belongs in Brylee's backpack), shout wipes to go, an umbrella (it's always raining), Daisy and her bow, B's sunnies, my sunnies (in their case), kleenex, 2 disinfectant sprays (1 should be in B's backpack), pens, my key chains without keys (Tate takes them off if he drives my car), and travel handsoap (yes I carry handsoap in my purse because my skin is super sensitive and most cheap soaps dry my hands out). All the small travel things should be in that blue bag..
After 5 Minutes: Everything got put either up where it belongs outside of my purse or organized inside my purse! I also felt it was a good time to change out my purses too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment