February 4, 2015

Day 5 - Living Room

Yesterday was super gloomy. It's cold here in the valley. Okay, not really cold, but its 50 and raining and humid and sticky. The cold here is a wet cold even when it's not raining.. if that makes sense. It's just very different to me. Nobody wants to do anything, not even the dogs.

They've been like this all. day. long!

Day 5

Clean- Living Room - Today's cleaning task is to do the following:
  • Spot clean decorative cushions and pillows
  • wash throw rugs
  • dust and polish all units: TV stand, display cabinets, coffee table, etc. 
  • remove all DVD's, CD's, etc to give that area a good clean
  • clean consoles and players
  • dust all picture frames
  • wipe over TV remotes and video game controllers
  • clean light fittings
  • spot clean the couch
  • vacuum couch
  • roll up rug and sweep/vacuum underneath
  • vacuum rug (if you can)
  • clean windows
Declutter - Your magazine collection. Do you have a pile of magazines that you have read and no longer need? Are they taking up unnecessary space? Recycle them.

Organize - Date Night - Rekindle your relationship, take time to communicate.  Life gets super busy and with kids, date nights are often over looked yet much needed!

New Habit - Pamper yourself with some 'me' time. Our days seem to be filled with cleaning,caring or doing for others and, like date nights, tend to forget about ourselves. Go get a pedicure, coffee date with some friends or spend an hour a night reading a book!

5 Minutes Only - Clean the windows of the main room of your home. 

Before Clean - This room is where we are most of the time whether it's playing, watching TV or eating a snack, this is the main room! I needed a good ol' clean up! Brylee has somehow learned the phrase "just sweep it under the rug" and we need to fix that asap. There was so much under there: crayons, crackers, sticks from dum-dums, you name it!


After Clean - Picked up, vacuumed, polished and cleaned! I even deep cleaned that rug. It needed a good bath. I changed around Brylee's toys in the tent and made that area look better. I want to move the tent to her bedroom but there isn't enough room right now without it awkwardly being in the middle of the floor.

Declutter - I didn't have a major magazine collection, mostly just junk, so it all got thrown into the recycle bin. Luckily I beat the trash collector before he emptied our bin; he was down the street. Ha!

Organize - Date night. Ha! With no baby sitter, date nights don't ever happen here. Tate and I went to dinner while we were home for Christmas and then we had our little Dallas getaway when we went to the Cowboy's game but that's it. And that had been the first time for just us since we moved. It was much needed. I guess I need to look up some 'at home' date night ideas.

New Habit - Me time. Oh how I love me time! Before we moved my me time was at the gym and then about 30 min after that until I went to pick up B. Now I rarely have me time. I clean or  workout while Brylee is napping and then when Tate gets home it's usually too late to run off alone. I guess I do need to pencil myself in. :)

5 Mintues - Since the main windows in my house are in my living room, I cleaned the windows in my dining room.

I'm super surprised at how well I'm sticking to this every day.. well except one..but I still have 15 days to go.

See ya, blog friends.
- Leah












No comments:

Post a Comment