February 2, 2015

Day 3 - Playroom

Happy Monday! I'll be back this evening for a weekend update post. Until then, here's today's cleaning task.:)

Day 3

Clean - Playroom. This room gets SUPER MESSY! Today don't worry about the windows, doors or floors, we'll get to those. Just pick up toys and wipe over surfaces.

Declutter - Bins and/or Bookshelfs. Make it look tidy.

Organize - Playsets. Pieces are always being lost so why not put them together?

New Habit - Pick up play room with kids every night.

5 Minutes Only - Clean high chair or booster seat.  Those things get super dirty and a good cleaning (more than just wiping them down) wouldn't hurt.

Before Clean - Y'all two or so weeks ago I would have been super embarrassed by the way this room looked because it was twice as bad as what you see.  When we came home from Odessa, Brylee had sooooo much stuff from her birthday and Christmas that I didn't have time to organize everything and set everything up. We opened her toys and the rest was history.



After Clean - It just needed a little TLC. I rearranged it and organized everything and it looks great! I also moved some of the toys that she doesn't play with as much to her bedroom to clear up some room. I had an extra bin in the garage so we put that to use. One bin is full of baby dolls and their accessories and the other has all Doc McStuffins things on bottom (this girl loves Doc), dress up accessories in middle, and then puzzles in the top. She loved getting to help me with the bins. I wiped over all surfaces and bigger toys with just a clorox wipe.



Before Declutter - It wasn't too terrible, just needed to be picked up and things needed to find a home.
Declutter After - Some of her books go in here and some are in her bedroom. The books on the top are paper books not the hard-page ones and she still is rough with them so I put them up.
Organize Before: Her kitchen was a disaster! Not just her kitchen, but all her play sets had no home.

Organize After - It looks so much better! I added some flowers and pictures to it because, why not? :) She loves it. 
5 Min Only- My high chair wasn't too bad because I wipe it down after every meal, but I did get my cleaning toothbrush after it to clean up the small cracks food tends to get into...some I have no clue about (like the screw on the underneath of the seat?!)! I'm currently looking for a booster seat for her so she can start sitting at the table with us for dinner. I love this one but I'm not sure I want to pay that price. Any suggestions?

Hope you guys have had a great Monday!

-Leah





No comments:

Post a Comment